General contractors and project owners can protect their investments in a construction project during the course of construction with the right contractors insurance policy in place. With builders risk insurance, your investments in time, materials, and even your equipment are protected from unintended incidents which could threaten your project.
Builders Risk Insurance
There are a lot of things that could happen while you’re working on a construction project. Halfway through a remodel, an unexpected fire destroys the work you’ve completed. A flash storm damages the materials you’re keeping on a project site. In all of these instances, you’ll face a loss. And those losses may not be covered by your traditional property insurance policy, either.
Builders risk insurance protects you from the incidents you can’t plan for, and helps you recoup your losses when the unexpected strikes.
What Does Builders Risk Cover?
When you’ve got a builders risk policy covering your construction project, you’re covered against losses which may include:
- Fire damage to a structure in progress
- Structural damage due to weather events
- Vandalism to a structure in progress
Benefit Summary of the Builders Risk Program
- Broad coverage form which includes coverage for “Theft of Building Materials”
- Starts may be called, faxed, or emailed in and effective the same day
- Deductible options-higher deductible results in premium savings
- Coverage for profit & overhead
- Coverage for your client as additional insured
- Blanket policy - requiring no reports
Builders risk insurance reimburses your business for losses if thieves steal copper wire or lumber from your project site. It covers the cost to repair or rebuild if a fire or an extreme storm damages your project. Builders risk may also cover the cost of cleanup and clearing away debris so you can get back to work without delay.
You invest a lot into a project to see it through to the end. Builders risk protects your investment so you won’t pay the price for an unexpected loss which occurs before you’ve completed your work.